Governance, Risk Management, and Compliance or GRC is the umbrella term covering an organization's approach across these three areas. Being closely related concerns, governance, risk and compliance activities are increasingly being integrated and aligned to some extent in order to avoid conflicts, wasteful overlaps and gaps. While interpreted differently in various organizations, GRC typically encompasses activities such as corporate governance, enterprise risk management (ERM) and corporate compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
At SMCE, we believe IT Governance is required to ensure that the investments in IT generate value-reward-and mitigate IT-associated risks. We guide our clients to design their IT environment in an effective and efficient way, so that IT contributes significantly to the organization’s success. This transition of IT from a support entity to a business differentiator, commonly referred to as “business transformation,” is now the prime enabler of new business models.
- Organizations can harness the IT potential to gain significant value from IT alignment to the business strategy
- Aids management to meet the overall business objectives and improve operational efficiency of the organization
- Rationalized IT costs resulting in increased return in IT investments
- Effective delivery of IT services, streamlined IT operations, define accountability, effective decision making and enhanced employee performance
- Effective management of IT risks results in cost effective business operations
- Provide IT strategy & alignment advisory
- Undertake Performance Management & Benchmarking
- Develop policies & standards
- Evaluate IT spend/ROI/cost rationalization
- Advise on IT organization structure
- Advise on IT outsourcing
- Conduct IT process effectiveness & valuations
- IT cost optimization
- Assess & design IT effectiveness & risk